As a parent, you’ve probably been told to make sure your child brushes and flosses their teeth regularly to prevent cavities. But what if your child keeps getting cavities, despite your best efforts? It’s a frustrating situation, but understanding the reasons why your child may be prone to cavities can help prevent future dental problems.…
Laser Cold Sore Treatment in Glendale CA
What are cold sores?Approximately 60-80% of the population carries the virus, so it is definitely more common than you think! Cold sores are also known as herpetic lesions and sometimes called fever blisters that are groups of small blisters on the lip and around the mouth that are caused by the herpes simplex virus. This virus enters the body through a break in the skin around or inside the mouth.
- They are caused by the Herpes Simplex Type 1 virus
- They are highly contagious
- They turn into yellow-crusted sores
- They occur over and over again
- They disappear within 14 days of an outbreak
What are the symptoms of cold sores?For most people, cold sores can be very painful. Cold sores may include a tingling, itching, or pain around your mouth and on your lips, a fever, sore throat, or swollen glands in your neck or other parts of the body. After the blisters appear, the cold sores usually break open, leak a clear fluid, and then crust over and disappear after several days to 2 weeks.
So how is a cold sore treated?Cold sores will start to heal on their own within a few days and can disappear within a couple of weeks. If they cause pain or make you feel self-conscious, they can be treated effectively with a laser cold sore treatment. Cold sores are best treated and kept under control in their early stages. Laser therapy can keep an outbreak from occurring if caught in time. A Cold Sore Treatment with Laser Therapy usually takes approximately 10 minutes. As soon as you feel the sensations of tingling or pain in the area where the cold sore is starting, you should see your take a visit at the best dental clinic in Glendale, CA.
Benefits of a Laser Cold Sore Treatment
- It is high tech yet affordable
- No discomfort during the treatment
- Treatment takes just a few minutes and without anesthesia
- Laser energy destroys the virus that causes the sore
- Relief is immediate and profound
- Help prevent sores if treated once the lip starts tingling
- Arrests the progression of the lesion after treatment
- After treatment, sores recur with less intensity and frequency at the same location