5 Ways to Improve Your Dental Hygiene Routine
Are you looking for ways to improve your dental hygiene routine in Glendale, CA? Preventative dentistry is key and oil pulling can be a great start. Here are five ways to make sure you’re doing your part to keep your mouth healthy:
- 1. Brush Twice a Day: Make sure you brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes each time with a soft bristled toothbrush recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA). Use toothpaste that contains fluoride and remember to brush the tops, fronts, and backs of teeth as well as your tongue.
- 2. Floss every day: Flossing helps remove plaque between teeth that brushing alone cannot reach. Be sure to floss once a day using an ADA-approved dental floss or interdental cleaner such as water flosser.
- 3. Use Mouthwash: Mouthwash helps reduce bacteria in the mouth that can cause cavities, gum disease, and bad breath. Be sure to use ADA-approved mouthwashes with fluoride for best results.
- 4. Practice Oil Pulling: Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy used in India as a natural way to prevent cavities and promote oral health by swishing oil in the mouth for up to 20 minutes each day before spitting it out. Coconut or sesame oil are commonly used for this practice.
- 5. Visit Your Dentist Regularly: A healthy dental hygiene routine should include regular visits to your dentist or hygienist every six months or more often if necessary for cleanings and checkups on any possible problems such as cavity prevention, gum disease management, or other issues like restorative care or cosmetic dentistry procedures like whitening or veneers if desired.
By following these five tips you will be well on your way towards better oral health and improved overall wellbeing in Glendale, CA!
What services does Infinite Dental Wellness in Glendale Offer?
At Infinite Dental Wellness, our friendly staff and experienced dentists are dedicated to providing the highest quality of dental care in Glendale. Our range of services includes Dental Implants, Crowns and Bridges, Veneers and Caps, as well as a variety of other treatments to ensure you have a healthy smile. Dental Implants are titanium posts that are placed into the jawbone in order to provide a durable foundation for prosthetic teeth that look natural and blend seamlessly with your existing teeth. Crowns and Bridges restore strength and function to damaged or missing teeth by fitting them with a custom-made cap or bridge made from porcelain or metal alloy materials. Veneers and Caps are used to enhance the appearance of your smile while also maintaining oral health. We offer a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures such as teeth whitening, bonding, porcelain laminate veneers and more. With years of experience in providing comprehensive dental treatment, our goal at Infinite Dental Wellness is to give you a beautiful smile that you can be proud of!